Premised on the belief that the study of literature and the practice of writing are mutually reinforcing, the English major with a creative writing concentration emphasizes the interrelations among creative writing, digital media, criticism, and scholarship. As an integrated concentration in the English department with a dual focus on literature and creative work, the creative writing concentration combines literature courses, small writing workshops, and practical industry training to prepare students for advanced study or careers in writing, media, and publishing. In addition, our concentrators benefit from the resources provided by New York City, a worldwide center for literary publishing.
- Admission to the English Major with a Creative Writing Concentration is competitive and is based on the strength of the Cover Letter and Writing Sample. Fifteen students will be admitted each year.
- Applicants must be in their sophomore or junior year
- Notification on application status will go out by email to all applicants by December 15.
The English Department at Fordham University is hiring two GSAS student Coordinators this 2020 - 2021 academic year.
- Eligibility: Unfunded Masters or PhD students
- 8 - 9 hours/week
- Compensation: Masters Student Rate = $18.50/hour, Doctoral Student Rate: $20.85/hour
- Ability to work remote and flexible hours
Event Production / Content Creation Responsibilities:
- Design, implement and host Department events
- Write articles for English News
- Develop English Connect Resource Library
- Create short videos to drive growth of the English Department's online communities
- Assist with Department Social Media Strategy
- Assist Alumni Group with occasional events
- Join Communications Team to develop Department Communications Strategy
- Special projects as assigned
- Highly organized with attention to detail and the ability to be a self-starter, take initiative and manage multiple projects
- Exceptional writing ability, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to create content that is fresh and out of the box
- Previous event production / video creation work experience is desirable but NOT required